Director of Migrant Education
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Pennsylvania Migrant Education at Millersville University provides instructional and support services to children in Lancaster, Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton Counties. Lancaster and Berks Counties are Project Areas 4 and 5 respectively. Lehigh and Northampton Counties together comprise Project Area 2. Our purpose is to support the academic development of migrant students who have moved into the local public schools and to help them achieve the same high standards as those students who have not experienced an interruption in their education caused by their migrant lifestyle.
The Pennsylvania Migrant Education Program will assist migrant students and their families in overcoming the barriers created by their move into a new school district and community. We will make the best educational services available to our students by offering supportive services to the school districts where they reside, by encouraging migrant parents to become involved in their children’s education, and by providing our students with comprehensive academic and emotional support.
The Director of Migrant Programs will serve in this grant-funded position and report directly to the Dean for the College of Education and Human Services. This is an administrative grant-funded appointment for a dynamic, visionary individual who will be responsible to secure funding and manage the implementation of federal and state grants awarded to Millersville University to provide services to migrant children and youth who reside in and attend schools in Lancaster, Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton Counties. This position requires extensive travel within the four-county area and also requires occasional attendance at national events. The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills, high energy levels, motivation and vision, and have a passion for innovation and forward-thinking. Continued employment is contingent on continued funding.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Three years of experience in educational settings
- Experience teaching ESL and/or working with ESL Refugee population.
- This position requires that the person be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of:
• school-based programs such as bilingual programs and ESL programs.
• school district operations, personnel, and programs.
• State and Federal policies.
- Knowledge and experience with working among the Migrant/Refugee population with limited English.
- Leadership abilities and management skills.
- Ability to manage fiscal components of the program.
- Outreach to the community.
- Evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Successful interview and three successful background checks.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field.
- Five years of experience in educational settings.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville