Tutor III - Tutoring Center, GLC
Posting Number S01317 Position Title Tutor III - Tutoring Center, GLC Internal Position Title Department Tutoring Center, GLC Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
Provide tutorial support to CLC students in one or more of the following multiple areas – Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Accounting, and Computer Applications and Programming.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR an Associate’s degree with two semesters experience as a Tutor II and the recommendation of the Math Center Specialist and Coordinator(s).
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
-Experience tutoring or teaching.
- Bilingual, Spanish and English
Posting Date 03/29/2021 Closing Date 06/29/2021 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
- Applicants will be hired as positions become available.
- Applicants will need to reapply if the position closes and becomes re-advertised at a later date.
- An interview with the Math Center Coordinator and Math Center Faculty Coordinators will determine if you are qualified and what area you will tutor.
- This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
- Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $19.62/HR Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Extension Sites Total Hours per week 4-12 Work Schedule
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
-Provides tutoring in CLC courses and related study skills.
-Recommends appropriate learning strategies in basic skills.
-Reviews module tests and assignments with module students.
-Demonstrates software and calculator skills as needed.
-Refers students to support services when appropriate.
-Leads study groups.
-Completes required paperwork, attends tutor training meetings, and participates in tutor evaluation procedures.
-Substitutes for center coordinator.
-Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the ability to communicate and interact
effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities?
- * Do you have experience tutoring or teaching?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher OR an Associate's
degree with two semesters experience as a Tutor II and the
recommendation of the Math Center Specialist and Coordinator(s).
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake