Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - VR
University Code 34114 University Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - VR Position Number 591010 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for oversight of a multi-site, international clinical trial that will examine the impact of an immersive virtual reality (VR) walking intervention on chronic neuropathic pain among individuals with spinal cord injury.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• At least three years of experience as a clinical research coordinator.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, psychology, social work, healthcare, or a related field.
• Track record as a self-starter and demonstrated achievement in coordinating research projects, including recruitment, data management, and quality control.
• Very strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, highly- organized, and able to meet deadlines.
• Must have strong leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and implement feedback.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in work assignments and to perform daily tasks with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of and experience with administrative tasks such as communication via telephone, email, and video-teleconferencing.
• Experience with managing confidential personal information such as patient health information.
• Must be computer-literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and data management systems.
• Knowledge of federal research regulations, including human subject protection, is required.
• Reliable transportation and a willingness to travel when feasible.
• Travel may include overnight and multi-day trips outside of the Central Virginia area to administer research protocol to study participants. Please note that travel will not occur until the Department of Defense and Virginia Commonwealth University lift all current travel restrictions imposed in response to the COVID -19 pandemic.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
• 5+ years of experience as a clinical research coordinator.
• 3+ years of experience coordinating a multi-site study.
• Experience delivering a research protocol in the study participant’s home or place of residence.
• Experience working with individuals who have mobility limitations (for example, individuals living with spinal cord injuries).
• Experience with data entry and electronic database management, including familiarity with REDCap and/or Qualtrics.
• Experience with SPSS and familiarity with basic statistical analyses.
• Experience working with technology and willingness to learn how to use virtual reality equipment.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
• Complete VCUHS orientation and training modules as required for the department & clinical research projects.
• Conduct applicable clinical activities only as approved & required for each clinical research project.
• Follow all VCUHS requirements for training to acquire and maintain access to VCUHS clinical systems and clinical data.
• Any clinical skill conducted in VCUHS clinical areas requires VCUHS competency verification/documentation prior to performing each activity.
• Must maintain CITI certification.
• Must maintain all required VCU and VCUHS competencies related to performing research-related clinical skills.
• Job duties may include handling, transportation, access to, and/or contact with medications and related supplies.
• This position does not perform tasks that require clinical licensing to perform.
Anticipated Hiring Range $60,000-$70,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Please apply online at http://www.vcujobs.com
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-4:30 Job Open Date 11/04/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101491 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application