Adjunct Faculty - Department of Nursing
TheNursing DepartmentatSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for adjunct faculty positions
for the spring semester that begins on February 1, 2021.
St. Catherine University nursing faculty educate students to develop the knowledge, technical skills, and professionalism they will need to be compassionate and successful nurses and leaders. Our nursing programs and curricula are delivered in an environment that embraces multicultural and social justice perspectives, relationships, interdisciplinary collaboration, and the liberal arts. OurBSNprogram integrates holistic nursing theory and modalities, and is endorsed by the American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation. We offer nursing degrees at every level and we offer a broad array of courses including clinical experiences. We search for excellent nurse educators in a variety of learning formats and with experience in different specializations. Specific specialization needs we have identified for spring include:
- Public Health in our graduate program
- Leadership in our graduate program
- OB/GYNin our graduate
- Long-term Care in our College for Women
- Adult Med-Surg in all pre-licensure programs
We are searching for nurses to contribute to lab, clinical, and
didactic/theory components of course instruction. Available
positions include evening, weekend, and weekday opportunities. Most
positions require in-person instruction. Join us and give back to
the nursing profession while impacting better health
Responsibilities include all of the following:
- Foster a culture of inclusive excellence through authentic
relationships with students as an educator and mentor.
- Monitor and assess student-learning outcomes and provide timely
and frequent feedback to students on academic
- Collaborate with a small group of faculty to deliver
- Deliver content in online, in-person and/or hybrid formats.
And one or more of the following:
- Supervise students at clinicals.
- Lead and instruct students in labs and/or
- Teach at either the undergraduate and/or graduate degree level to traditional or adult students.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing for clinical and lab instruction
- Licensed and unencumbered registered nurse in the State of
- Two years of direct or indirect practice experience in an area
- For didactic/ theory instruction positions, a graduate degree in nursing or a related area.
- Academic preparation and teaching experience in nursing
- Teaching experience in online and/or in-person
- Advanced computer skills including course management
- Experience in electronic health records and online meeting systems.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit http://www.stkate.edu/careers to apply. Required materials include a cover letter and CV or resume. Background checks and transcripts are required upon offer. Applications will be considered as they are received and hiring will continue until all open adjunct positions are filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *Do you have a current, unencumbered
license as a registered nurse in Minnesota?
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *If a Bachelor’s degree is your
highest level of completed education, are you currently enrolled in
a nursing graduate degree program? Note that this is not required
for all positions.
- Master's degree enrolled
- Doctoral degree enrolled
- Not applicable
- *Please list your nursing practice
area(s) of study for completed degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *In which of the following areas do
you have specialized nursing knowledge? You may select one.
- Adult Med-Surg
- Long-term care
- Public Health
- *Select the option that best
describes your nurse educator experience.
- This will be my first college/university teaching experience.
- I have taught at the college/university level.
- I have taught nurses in a non-academic, practice environment.
- I have precepted nursing students during their clinical rotations.
- I have been an adjunct instructor for several years.
- I have one year of full-time teaching experience at the college/university level.
- I have more than a year of full-time teaching experience at the college/university level.
- *Many of our positions involve
instruction in acute care settings that have immunization
requirements. Should you be selected for one of these positions,
are you willing to meet all immunization requirements?
- *Select the option that best
describes your availability to teach.
- I am available to teach evenings.
- I am available to teach weekends.
- I am available to teach weekdays (dayshift).
- I am available to teach evenings and/or weekends.
- I am available to teach weekdays (dayshift) and/or evenings.
- I am available to teach weekdays (dayshift) and/or weekends.
- My schedule is open weekdays (dayshift), evenings and/or weekends.
- *Select the option that best
describes your availability to teach in different formats. Please
note that clinical and lab instruction is in-person.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format only.
- I am available to teach in-person only.
- I am available to teach in a distance-learning format or an in-person format.
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Community agency/organization
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Holistic Nurses Association
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Nurse
- National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Simply Hired
- The African Nurses Network
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul