Administrative Coordinator - (STA006629)
Coordinates the administrative operations of a department, including, but not limited to, human resources, payroll, telecommunications, building maintenance, and property inventory.
- Coordinates personnel administration including employee sign-up, faculty folders, payroll and implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates department administrative operations, including telecommunications, physical plant work orders, long distance codes, parking permits and ID card requests.
- Maintains personnel records such as employee information, timesheets and lost time reports; tracks status of submitted personnel and administrative forms.
- May coordinate and compile information for various programs and activities for faculty and graduate students.
- Oversees the work assignments of clerical staff and coordinates daily office operations.
- Coordinates all aspects of space management and conducts property inventory for the department.
- Reviews personnel and administrative documents for adherence to university regulations prior to obtaining certifying signature.
- Assists faculty, staff and students with personnel and administrative issues; serves as departmental liaison to administrative departments on campus.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 5 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
Prefer candidates with strong use of the Microsoft 365 Apps. Final candidates will be tested for Microsoft 365 proficiency level.
Previous experience in higher education a plus.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Advanced computer skills.
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
The following documents are required: Resume, Cover Letter, and please include 3 professional references with your application submission.
Note: All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston