Earliest Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Hours per Week
Health and Kinesiology
Required Application Materials
A single PDF or Word document containing a curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses qualifications, professional goals, and research interests, and a list of three (3) professional references with the current position and contact information for each is required to apply.
When prompted to upload your “resume”, upload your combined documents as one file.
- Please do not upload documents to “Cover Letter” or “References”.
If the required application materials were not uploaded at the “resume” prompt, please withdraw your application and re-apply to upload your combined documents as one file.
The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the Department of Health and Kinesiology in the primary area of nutrition science.
- Teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students in nutrition and related areas.
- Engage in research.
- Serve the University, profession, and community.
- Be a collegial member of the Department.
- Terminal degree or ABD in nutrition science or health sciences/public health/community health with a focus on nutrition.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with departmental colleagues, faculty, and other professionals in other disciplines both within and outside of UT Tyler.
- Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- The review of applications begins January 31, 2021.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Exposure to standard office conditions.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, and Bending.
About The University of Texas at Tyler
The Department of Health and Kinesiology, within the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, offers four undergraduate and three master’s degrees: B.S.- Health Sciences, B.S.- Kinesiology (which includes options of athletic training and physical education teacher certification), B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders, B.A.- Wellness, M.S.- Health Sciences (with online option), M.S.- Kinesiology (with online option), and Master of Occupational Therapy (COTA bridge program). In a typical fall or spring semester, about 600 students enroll in Health and Kinesiology courses. The Department is housed in the Jean Lancaster Academic Wing of the Herrington Patriot Center. The University of Texas at Tyler is an academic component of The University of Texas System and offers more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 10,000 students.
UT Tyler is situated 100 miles east of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex amidst the beautiful lakes and woods of East Texas, is an economically strong and rapidly growing community. With a population of 100,000, Tyler is the regional center for the arts, medical care, finance, and higher education.
The University contributes to the strong healthcare industry in Tyler through its College of Nursing and Health Sciences, the Ben and Maytee Fisch College of Pharmacy, and its partnerships with sister institutions UT Health Northeast and UT Health East Texas, as well as CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Francis and Baylor Scott and White Texas Spine and Joint Hospital.
The retirement plan for this position is Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length. This position has the option to elect the Optional Retirement Program (ORP) instead of TRS, subject to the position being 40 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler
- Nutrition Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tyler