University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $16.45 per hour or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Weed Science Research Specialist will provide support for the weed science program in conducting research on weed management practices for row crop and forage production systems in southern Idaho. Research will be conducted primarily in sugarbeets, dry beans, corn, and small grains.
• B.S. degree in weed science, crop science, agronomy, plant science, range management, or related field
• Experience with herbicides and pesticides application and in the calibration of pesticide applicators
• Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, developing spreadsheets, email and internet
• Experience in effective written communication skills
• Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a driver’s record check
• Applicant must hold or be able to obtain an Idaho Pesticide Applicator’s License within 6 months of hire
• M.S. degree in weed science, crop science, agronomy, plant science, range management, or related field
• Good verbal communication skills
• Experience with small plot field research, experimental design, data collection and analysis
• Experience in the operation of farm equipment such as tractors, sprayers, and hand tools
• Proficiency in using R or similar analytical statistics software
• Proficiency in using ARM trial management software
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• May be required to work with toxic, volatile and corrosive chemicals and/or carcinogenic substances
• May be required to work in adverse environmental conditions (dusty, hot, or cold conditions outdoors)
• Must be able to lift, carry and/or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Posting Number: SP002578P
Posting Date: 09/02/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position will remain open until a pool of suitable candidates is identified.
Applications received by Nov. 1, 2020, will receive priority consideration.
Applicants please provide:
- Three professional references within the application.
- Answers to all of the Supplemental Questions.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.