Associate Director, Financial Aid for Data Automation
University of La Verne
Associate Director, Financial Aid for Data Automation
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Associate Director, Financial Aid for Data Automation is responsible for managing and processing all automated components in the life cycle of a financial aid applicant/recipient.
- Prioritize and manage Financial Aid data systems activities in an effective and efficient manner, ensuring optimal use. Provide proactive recommendations to data collection issues through workflow analysis and data collection and processing enhancement. Develops, coordinates and supports policies, procedures, automated processes, systems, and controls in accordance with federal and state regulations and institutional financial aid packaging specifications.
- Work closely with Information Technology on project management, testing, training for Banner upgrades, migration, and new functionality implementation. Translate business process needs between end users and programmers.
- Obtain, keep current, and fully leverage knowledge of business process analysis methodology, process, tools, and administration to advance standardization, documentation, and training. Engage in regular and continuous data audits to uncover and correct security and integrity issues.
- Ensure data standards are widely known and used within Financial Aid. Manage complex communication flows through multiple channels among multiple constituents. Provides expert knowledge and development within the Banner Financial Aid Module for reporting, analysis, automation, and processes including but not limited to: data importing and exporting; student eligibility coordination; student data groupings for tracking requirements, cost of attendance budgeting, and financial aid awarding and disbursement; funds management; etc.
- Participate on several cross-functional teams including service as a Data Steward for institutional Data Governance, and on the Enterprise Applications User Group.
- Report writing. Develop reports and provide data as needed within the office and for colleagues within the University. Pull data to complete reports for external constituents.
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience making data driven decisions, which require strong analytical skills to monitor unit functions and implement continuous process improvement plans
- 5 years of expert quantitative analysis with demonstrated use of skill and experience in project management. Experience in automated process flow analysis, set up, and issue resolution
- 5 years of customer service experience with a commitment to exceptional quality in an environment with high levels of accountability.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization and with outside vendors. Possess excellent documentations skill for reports and workflow processing.
- Working knowledge of data management software and database systems
- Must be self-motivated, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to define and re-engineer business process to maximize the capabilities of technology without sacrificing the functional experience, business process flow, efficiencies or effectiveness. Statistical analysis and/or math skills
- Ability to represent the department and University in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Ability and willingness to be responsible for the Financial Aid Office in the absence of the Director and Associate Director. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, Technolutions Slate, and SQL
- Experience working with Federal Financial Aid programs and / or experience working In or with a Financial Aid Office.
- Functional and/or technical knowledge of CRM systems and operations
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation