Research Assistant 20-036
Old Dominion University Research Foundation is seeking a Research Assistant working in the Chemistry/Biochemistry Department of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA.. The study of design and synthesis of nanoparticle optical biosensors for biomedical applications for earlier cancer detection and differentiation of embryonic stem cells, neuron-neuron communication, and study of effects of nanomaterials on live cells and zebrafish embryonic development. Research activities will be in an interdisciplinary research program (www.odu.edu/~xhxu) directed by Dr. X. Nancy Xu. Applicants must have a minimum of a B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related area. The successful applicant must have background experience in nanomaterial synthesis and characterization. Access to modern chemistry and biological chemistry facilities provide an environment to engage in forefront chemical, biochemical and biomedical research. Applicants with a strong commitment to research and demonstrated excellence in research at the bio/nano interdisciplinary field are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available immediately and open until filled.
- Perform Nanomaterial synthesis and characterization in accordance with protocols approved by PI.
- Maintain mammalian cell cultures and preparing cell samples as required for research project by the PI and
- Image single live cells and single nanoparticles
- Conduct novel research activities including but not limited to design and characterization of nanoparticle optical biosensors for biomedical applications, especially for earlier cancer detection and for study of differentiation of embryonic stem cells, and study of effects of nanomaterials on live cells and zebrafish embryonic development.
- All other duties, as assigned.
To apply visit ODU Research Foundation http://www.researchfoundation.odu.edu/ Click on the employment tab and follow the link for position #20-037. Please include cover letter, CV, and names and emails of three references with your application. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.