Bill Herrold Endowed Associate/Professor and Director of Clinical Experiences and Educator Prep
The College of Education & Human Services at the University of North Florida (UNF) is seeking applications for the Bill Herrold Endowed Professor and Director of Clinical Experiences/Educator Preparation Partnerships. We are seeking a colleague whose research focuses on clinical practice and the complexities of teacher education. This person will be an innovative teacher educator who possesses expertise in clinical practice and school-university partnerships as well as the leadership and research expertise needed to serve as the Director. This faculty member will have the opportunity to work with doctoral, masters, and/or undergraduate students.
The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Curriculum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally inclusive and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment across the school-university partnership. As such, we are interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and service, to the diversity, inclusion and excellence of our academic community. As such, we strongly encourage women and minorities from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
The University of North Florida promotes the quality and effectiveness of education and strives to maintain the highest standards of academic excellence in all phases of instruction, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service.
• Collaborate with other teacher educators in designing,
developing, implementing, assessing, and studying high quality
• Establish and implement policies and procedures related to effective, research-based clinical practice
• Facilitate development of strong clinical contexts by strengthening induction and professional development of teacher leaders
• Develop robust supervision practices across teacher preparation programs
• Facilitate program, department, inter-departmental, inter-college, inter-organizational collaboration and partnerships that strengthen teacher candidate clinical experiences, induction and professional development of teacher leaders
• Collaborate directly with COEHS faculty and staff to develop proposals and secure funding for high quality clinical preparation partnerships and urban teacher education
• Provide administrative, fiscal, and report writing oversight for educator professional development related projects and grants, when appropriate
• Nurture and develop strong and collaborative scholarly research agendas related to clinical practice and teacher education;
• Collaborate with the Center for Urban Education and Policy as well as the Northeast Florida Center for STEM Education on research and issues relate to and aligned with the centers’ missions.
• Other duties as assigned
• High research productivity and a national profile related to
clinical practice, supervision, and/or teacher education
• Demonstrated experience with a high level of collaboration/communication with school district leadership and other learning organizations, non-profits, and/or governmental agencies committed to urban education
• Demonstrated knowledge of job-embedded professional development and clinically-rich teacher education, and teacher leadership development
• Earned Doctorate degree from an accredited university in Curriculum & Instruction or related area
• Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
• Four years of experience directly related to the job functions
• Prior leadership in partnerships and/or clinical practice
• 3 or more years of successful Pk-12 teaching experience in diverse school settings
• Demonstrated expertise in designing and providing budgetary
oversight to large scale projects
• Demonstrated expertise in analyzing complex and dynamic situations and identify effective strategies and/or actions to address identified problems
Start date is flexible and could be as early as January or the beginning of summer. If hired the summer would be additional compensation outside of the 9-month contract.
For Department Specific document, please provide list of three references and contact information.
Applicants must complete an online application in OASys at http://www.unfjobs.org and must upload all required documents to be considered for this position. Applicants must include list of names, addresses and phone numbers of 3 references in their application (letters to be provided if hired). Once you finalize your completed application and have submitted the required documents, you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for this position for your records. If you have any questions about the university, the search process, or the position itself, please contact Megan Porter at 904-620-1786 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who do not apply on-line or do not upload all the required documentation will not be considered for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Jacksonville