Assistant Professor - Pathology
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor College of Medicine ( www.bcm.edu ) is recognized as one of the nation's premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
The Department of Pathology & Immunology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Surgical Pathologist/Clinical Pathologist to join our team and meet the needs at Ben Taub Hospital, Houston, Texas.
- Resident, fellow and medical student teaching
- Clinical and translational research opportunities available
- Clinical service:
- Anatomic Pathology laboratory services include 15,000 surgical pathology, intraoperative consultation, and autopsy cases, 22,830 cytology cases (1,200 fine needle aspiration cases, 1,830 non-Gyn and 19,800 Gyn cases), 200 bone marrow cases, 700 flow cytometry cases, and 1500 peripheral blood smear review cases
- Clinical Pathology laboratory annual total test volume of about 6 million, including 5 million chemistry tests, 600,000 hematology tests, 200,000 molecular pathology tests, and 200,000 microbiology tests
- Board-certified or eligible in Anatomic and/or Clinical Pathology
- Sub-specialty training in other areas of anatomic and/or clinical pathology is desirable
- Fellowship training in surgical pathology, hematopathology, chemistry, molecular pathology, or microbiology is highly desirable
- Texas Medical Board license or eligible
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.