Financial Aid Counselor
- Review financial aid applications, verify, and conduct need analysis. Perform financial aid duties and to assist the AVP and Director with processing and compliance with federal regulations and institutional rules.
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of financial aid process. Make necessary referrals to other student service offices.
- Conduct review of professional judgement requests in compliance with federal, state and institutional policies.
- Conduct verification and resolution of conflicting information and C-Codes of student and parent data in compliance with federal and state criteria.
- Review subsequent ISIR transactions, and adjust financial aid packages as needed.
- Provides financial aid counseling to students and parents in accordance with federal, state and institutional policies.
- Performs financial aid revisions to student’s financial aid awards as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to federal, state and institutional methodology.
- Communicate with the student body on FAFSA filing and other deadlines via email, auto call, mailings, portal, and text as available.
- Provide financial aid seminars and counseling as necessary. Answer inquiries from various sources.
- Represents the University at professional, civic, education and government meetings as required.
- Complete financial aid reports for the University as requested.
- Performs such similar, comparable or related duties as may be
assigned or required
Knowledge : BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university required.
Experience : 1-2 years of financial aid experience preferred, related financial experience acceptable.
Skills/Aptitude : Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented. Must be able to understand and work within legal guidelines governing release of confidential information. Good writing and speaking skills required. Must possess basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, financial aid software (i.e. Datatel) and some mainframe database exposure. Must have a quality service orientation and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Working Conditions : Normal office environment. Some weekend work required. Some overtime may be required.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
1. Cover letter
2. Salary requirements
4. Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Christopher Hanlon at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore