Director - Accreditation and Compliance
DIRECTOR - ACCREDITATION AND COMPLIANCE MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Accreditation provides public certification of acceptable institutional quality, as well as an opportunity and incentive for self-improvement. At Malcolm X College, the Office of Accreditation and Compliance serves as a resource to the College on regional, federal, state, municipal, and specialized regulatory and accreditation matters for programs. The Office of Accreditation and Compliance also works to ensure compliance with the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) standards, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Criterion, Policies, Federal Requirements, and Assumed Practices, the Illinois Board of Higher Education requirements, and the standards of all external, specialized accreditation, licensing, and certifying agencies governing the College's programs. Additionally, the Office conducts research on regulatory and accreditation program issues as requested.
The Director of Accreditation and Compliance provides consultation, expertise, and support related to accreditation and focused site-visit matters, and works with the College President, Vice-Presidents, Deans, Program Directors, faculty, and staff in preparing for comprehensive evaluations of their institution's regional accreditation status. The Director of Accreditation and Compliance is responsible for the review of required institutional updates and specialized accreditation reports for submission to the District Office and to external regional, state, and specialized accreditors, and the training of college administrators and faculty on federal, state, and local regulatory compliance and accreditation matters. The position also works with faculty and administrators to obtain and maintain specialized accreditation for specific academic and career training programs, and supports self-assessments to determine compliance with accreditation standards and regulations.
- Collaborates with faculty, administrators and other staff in completing program accreditation activities.
- Reviews requirements for maintaining accredited status as prescribed by a program's evaluation process and ensures assessment and reporting requirements are met.
- Advises and guides Program Directors, administrators, and staff in the review and application of regional or specialized accreditation standards to evaluate and assess college programs' ability to meet the criteria for accreditation.
- Participates in and supports self-assessment of regional accreditor criterion as well as the Assumed Practices and Federal Review requirements of the Higher Learning Commission and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Facilitates college-level accreditation activities, including providing information for use in peer reviews, editing required reports, including the annual institutional update Assurance Argument, and assisting in the coordination of site visits between comprehensive evaluations.
- Prepares applications and evaluation documentation to obtain and maintain regulatory and specialized accreditation at the college-level in collaboration with the College's Vice-President, and submits documentation to the District Office for prior review.
- Facilitates college-level internal and external audits and provides responses to program review findings in collaboration with College Administration to ensure continued compliance with federal, state, and regional accreditation standards.
- Master's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Four years of experience working in higher education or a public funded agency in the areas of accreditation and compliance, certification and/or licensing of academic and career programs
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of federal guidelines concerning higher education institutions preferred
- Familiarity with regional accreditation standards for colleges, as well as specialized accreditation standards for various career fields including health sciences preferred
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant's credentials
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!