Adjunct, BSN Clinical Nursing, Campus Position
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
instructor facilitates meaningful learning of the course
competencies in the curriculum and proactively supports all facets
of the learning environment. The instructor provides education
through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to
fulfill the evolving needs of the market place. The instructor
encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility
and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and
professional development. Incumbent must assure that the South
University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and
responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients;
development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees;
sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which
is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Provides competency-based education which aligns with the South University model of curricula as well as supports the South University style of system delivery.
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies, to create activities which support lesson objectives, and to deliver the instruction as approved.
- Enables the achievement of pre-described exit competencies for student achievement and evaluation of learning by providing instruction which fosters competencies and establish student performance criteria and evaluation.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success. Promotes student success by showing flexibility in style and work schedule as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and students and engaging students in the learning process.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Contributes to a learning culture by participating on curriculum and system task forces, supporting local campus events such as orientation and graduation, and participating in various other workshops and meetings.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Masters in Nursing required. PhD from a regionally accredited university in a field related to the classes to be taught in most cases required and in all cases strongly preferred; Earned graduate degree to include at least 18 graduate hours in the field of instruction minimally required.
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred.
- Current state licensure required as applicable to the discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with student populations.
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skills
- Computer based skills (i.e., software, analytical, and report writing skills)
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a
disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or
without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic
means, move about the office or school, handle various types of
media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe
and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10
pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Required Education Master's Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Virginia Beach