Full Stack Developer/Programmer
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Full Stack Developer/Programmer is responsible for understanding all stages of the software programming life cycle from inception to implementation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, requirements gathering, system analysis, design, and development/programming, testing and debugging, documentation, and deployment of applications. The position is responsible for complex analysis, design, code, testing, and implementation of web applications, including the integration with existing legacy and current systems, and customizing or extending software.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and program applications, which support departmental and institutional priorities. Assess and make program modifications and implement features and enhancements.
- Determine project scope and specifications by gathering user, system, and functional requirements. Understand and analyze dependencies and design software around those needs.
- Assess and build application architecture diagrams.
- Analyze requirements and produce concepts and prototypes to design and develop applications that are extensible, responsive, and protect data transmissions.
- Design and create extensible databases to support application requirements and subsequent modifications.
- Analyze application utilization and load to recommend hardware and software specifications.
- Design and develop interfaces to allow end-users to perform routine data collection and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with designers and translate visual elements, taxonomy, and user requirements into working code.
- Create and follow development plan, provide timeline, and adhere to a timeline prior to beginning the development process.
- Continue revisiting timeline with Web Technologies Manager and relevant stakeholders, adjusting scope and timeline as required. Be adaptable to changing requirements and scope, while maintaining code quality.
- Adopt coding best practices, maintain code integrity, sanitize code, and refactor code for optimization.
- Perform continuous testing and ensure quality assurance throughout the development life cycle.
- Perform system administration on web server hardware and software.
- Participate in evaluation of hardware and software purchases, or vendor services.
- Provide support for developed applications and licensed software. Be timely and self-sufficient on diagnosing problems and produce long-term solutions.
- Collaborate with other developers to create standards, document processes, and participate in code reviews.
- Work collaboratively with development team, other IT teams, and departmental units with the customer/end user focus.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the content management system and its related components.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Associate degree in computer science or computer-related field.
- Must be familiar with server-side administration in the form of Linux LAMP extending to Apache Tomcat as well as Microsoft IIS servers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or computer-related field.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in front-end languages, libraries, and frameworks, such as jQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap, Flexbox, and Grid, as well as CSS preprocessors, plus advanced knowledge and experience in back-end and server side programming technologies, such as PHP, Python, Ruby, Node.js, SQL, Oracle, and Apache.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle;
- Must be familiar working in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Advanced experience in designing and developing relational databases.
- Experience with Microsoft IIS web servers and Apache/Tomcat web servers.
- Must be familiar with command line interfaces (CLI).
- Must be able to multitask and adopt to changing technologies and stakeholder priorities and requirements.
- Proficient with implementing security and data protection on servers and applications.
- Must work within the specifications of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA) Section 508 standards.
- Must have experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Studio Code, GitHub repositories or other tools that allow for code versioning.
- Knowledge search engine optimization (SEO) and content management systems (CMS).
- Understand user experience (UX) to recommend and develop equivalent user interface (UI) to meet those expectations.
- Experience working with task and project management tools.
- Experience with mobile development and testing for Android and iOS platforms.
- Background in graphic design.
- Familiar with scrum teams and roles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of database implementation.
- Must develop work in testing environment and migrate it to a production environment.
- Passion for keeping up with technologies and trends.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills.
Web Technologies Manager and I.T. & Safety Officer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College website
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo