Director-Adult Education Center
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
This position is responsible for providing leadership and management to the Adult Education Center (AEC) and General Equivalency Diploma (GED) program for Idaho-Region 1. The primary purpose of the position is to ensure high quality adult basic education, to prepare individuals to successfully complete the general equivalency diploma, and meet college and career readiness standards. Teaching in the program is a required component of the Director‘s responsibility for ensuring quality student learning outcomes.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
Director Essential Functions:
- Supervises curriculum delivery to meet Common Core Requirements, and College and Career Readiness goals set by the Idaho Division of Career and Technical Education, and the Office of Career Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE).
- Develops, implements and evaluates all aspects of the curriculum and appropriate assessment of program effectiveness.
- Communicates effectively with Region 1 instructors and staff to maintain consistency and continuity of instruction.
- Develops and implements on-boarding, professional development training, and mentoring for all instructors and staff.
- Provides direct supervision to instructors and staff and is responsible for hiring, conducting performance appraisals and developing corrective action related to performance of employees.
- Works closely with Program Manager to develop and manage program budgets utilizing guidelines provided by the State of Idaho and North Idaho College.
- Prepares and writes annual Adult Education grant, quarterly and annual reports to ensure program sustainability.
- Initiates and maintains working relationships with the Idaho Department of Labor, business industry, K-12 educators, and other community partners as a part of continuous quality improvement plan for the programs and the curriculum.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the state AEC director and communicates well with statewide and regional AEC staff.
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to promote adult education in Idaho’s five northern counties (Region 1).
- Participates on the Idaho AEC Directors board and attends state mandated trainings.
- Serves on college committees as approved in consultation with supervisor.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
Instructor Essential Functions
- Able to employ a variety of teaching methods to provide effective individual, small group and classroom instruction while respecting the diverse culture and experience of learners using current classroom technologies, as needed.
- Confers with students and student advisors on a regular basis to review student progress, re-evaluate goals, provide feedback, and discuss individual student distant study plans
- Establishes procedures and boundaries which promote a safe learning environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Master's Degree and 5 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Master’s degree in Education or related field and a minimum of five years full-time equivalent experience teaching in adult education, secondary or post-secondary education is required.
Required License and/or Certifications : Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skill in budget preparation and budget management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Maintains familiarity with Idaho Management Accounting System (IMAS)
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of program management
• Ability to conduct effective presentations and trainings
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to supervise staff including training and performance evaluation
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Advertised: 06 Nov 2020 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Nov 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene