Visiting Assistant Professor of Music
The Music Department at Alfred University seeks to fill a full-time one-year appointment as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Music with a specialization in Piano for the 2021-22 academic year.
The Music Department is a vital part of the Performing Arts Division which also includes Dance, Theater, and Performance Design and Technology. With a new Bachelor of Arts in Music as well as a music minor we are looking for a candidate who values innovation and a deep-seated interest for maximum student engagement. Our newly revitalized music program combines innovated courses includingQueering the Pitch, World MusicandTechnology and Gamingwith our theory, history, and applied music courses.
- All levels of Applied Piano Lessons and Carillon Lessons
- Accompanist for the University Chorus and Chamber Singers ensembles
- Accompanist for Beginning and Advanced Voice Classes
- Accompanist for Student Recitals and Faculty Recitals
- Teaching 10 credit hours per semester including all levels of Class Piano and other academic courses including those within the General Music Curriculum
- Doctoral degree inPiano Performance with significant experience as an artist, scholar and teacher.
- Experience in recruiting potential students and program development at the university level are necessary.
To Apply Submit:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching philosophy that addresses diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Two sample syllabi
- Links to performances that are sharable
- Contact information (phone and email) for three references.
Review of applications will begin November 3O, 2020 and will remain open until the position is filled.
For further information about the position, contact Search Chair, Professor Lisa Lantz Lantz@alfred.edu
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.