Financial Aid Specialist
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Financial Aid Specialist
This field only applies to Faculty
DT Financial Aid
Assists the district administration in balancing financial aid accounts. Supervises district electronic processing. Handles special projects, reports, and written communication for the District Coordinator of Financial Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervisory responsibilities for numerous departmental accounts
• Compiles and sorts documents substantiating financial aid transactions
• Inputs or supervises input of all electronic Pell payments, Student Aid Report corrections and reprinting of ESAR
• Verifies and posts details of transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts
• Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and written communication
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
• Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties
• Reviews and runs reports to reconcile Federal, State, and institutional awards.
• Assists students with completion of FAFSA, or any situations regarding awards or disbursements; presents or assist area high school students with financial aid information and FAFSA application completion
• Evaluates student eligibility for certain awards, scholarships, grants, and/or financial aid
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the TCC Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping work; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Financial aid experience and/or knowledge of Title IV programs
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Successful candidates for this position must be available to work a flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings and weekends during peak times.
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth