Job ID: 221611
Location: Statesboro, Georgia;Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Coordinates all maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance schedules relative to building assigned. Within the Housing environment, specialized maintenance skills and the adherence to universal precautions are standard operating procedures. These procedures require strict compliance in order to protect the employee, students and general public who frequent housing complexes. Maintenance Worker positions will be utilized as multi- skilled worker.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Work environment is positioned around and inside of private living quarters of student residents. Based on this element, numerous procedures, rules and key management requirements must be strictly followed to ensure both safety and privacy for our student residents
- Perform a wide variety of miscellaneous mechanical, air conditioning and heating, and building trades' tasks in maintenance of buildings and equipment and in simple construction and fabrication tasks
- Accurately follows maintenance assignment ensuring compliance to time-lines, inspection frequencies, standard operating procedures, avoiding repeat repairs
- Prepares daily log sheets accounting for work orders and task completes including supplies and equipment necessary to carry out assignments. Penmanship and accuracy are important aspects of this function
- Inspect buildings and make repairs as necessary
- Respond to emergency calls in assigned areas to repair or determine other actions necessary to resume normal operations
- Replace room HVAC filters
- Troubleshoot air conditioning problems
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment and work areas
- Day shift employee may occasionally be required to work at night, weekends, or both
- Night and weekend shift employee must work at night and on weekends
- All employees will be on a rotating on-call schedule for holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance work experience
- One or more years experience in apartment maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and work order instructions
- Ability to work with power tools and various hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Basic working knowledge of various repair and maintenance tasks, to include those in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Must be detail-oriented
Apply Before Date
January 8, 2021
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Required to walk, climb, balance, stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, and stand
- Must be able to stretch over head
- Work in confined spaces(Attics, closets, etc. not requiring certification)
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- May work at heights up to and occasionally exceeding 25 feet
- Work from lifts, scaffolds, and ladders
- Exposure to outdoor elements
9920301 - Structural Maintenance
9920401 - Armstrong Facilities Operations
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221611&PostingSeq=1