Director of Alumni Relations (UA21001)
Director of Alumni Relations (UA21001)
Division: University Advancement
Department: Alumni Relations
Unit: Alumni Relations211, MSUAASF
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on October 27, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range D*
Salary Minimum: $51,311
Salary Maximum: $94,744
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Director of Alumni Relations serves as enthusiastic promoter of the University's history, tradition and pride to internal and external constituencies. The Director is responsible for engaging increasing numbers of alumni and friends, and building loyalty to the institution. The Director is responsible for the planning and administration of all activities, events, programs and communications relating to alumni and the Alumni Association Board of Directors. For more information, please visit alumni.mnsu.edu.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (Must be conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
- 5 years minimum experience in: alumni relations, public relations, sales, marketing, volunteer coordination, fundraising.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences (including direct reports, University administrators and staff, Alumni Association Board members, alumni, and other internal and external constituents) in interpersonal settings, large group settings, in writing and via social media.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a supervisor and project manager, including the ability to execute multiple and varied programs and events in service to a variety of audiences.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Frequent travel, evening and weekend work required. Occasionally required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds). Staff or student support is available to support these efforts. Position supervises two full-time staff and serves on the University Advancement division’s Senior Staff. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
William Broussard, Associate Vice President
Minnesota State University, Mankato
224 Alumni Foundation Building
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M065M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 10/06/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1690
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.