Executive Director of Financial Planning
The University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) is seeking an Executive Director of Financial Planning to support its missions of health care, academics, and research. This position reports directly to the UMMC Chief Financial Officer. UMMC is located in Jackson, MS and serves UMMC’s multiple sites throughout the state.
UMMC is the state’s only academic health science center and provides the only: Level 1 trauma center, Level IV NICU, Children’s Hospital, and solid organ transplantation services. UMMC is the second largest employer in Mississippi with approximately 10,000 employees. UMMC has three specialized hospitals with 722 beds, up to 125 specialties, and an annual budget of $1.6B.
Position Summary: The Executive Director of Financial Planning works in coordination with hospital and school chief business officers to support the financial operations of all missions of UMMC. Applies comprehensive fiscal and resource management principles in a transparent and collaborative fashion. Provides the necessary tools, framework, and analytics to for sustainable long-range financial and operational planning.
Education & Experience: Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration and six (6) years of related experience in a complex integrated delivery system, academic medical center, hospital, or related healthcare consulting firm.
Must have demonstrated leadership skills in facilitating and leading cross-functional teams utilizing highly collaborative and progressive leadership skills. Must be able to effectively motivate a team, with and without direct reporting relationships. Must be a self-starter exhibiting a professional demeanor at all times with ability to interact with executive leadership, faculty and staff at all levels. Must have superior organization skills and attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent skills using Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint, Tableau or similar dashboard reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leads the development of the annual long-term strategic and financial plans and facilitates quarterly financial models and forecasts.
- Consistently shares and reports key performance indicators to senior leadership.
- Leads, manages, and directs supporting leadership staff.
- Supports the business by conducting operational analyses that enable data-driven decision-making based on financial data.
- Manages multiple finance-related projects from planning through execution including but not limited to: developing project plans, managing meeting agendas, coordinating with stakeholders, and facilitating collaborative decision-making.
- Develops executive-level presentations and communications for internal audiences; must possess extensive experience transforming complex subject matter into visually appealing, easily digestible content.
- Provides advice and guidance to the CFO on financial planning and reporting.
- Develops sound financial models that ensure effective resource allocation, productivity monitoring, benchmarking, and funds flow.
- Provides strategic consultation to leadership on financial issues and provides consultative support to department leaders.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit our website:
To learn more about the University of Mississippi Medical Center & Jackson, MS, please visit:
The University of Mississippi Medical Center provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The Medical Center complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.