Assistant Professor, Psychology
Assistant Professor, Psychology
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College Of Liberal Arts
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Psychology at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Clinical or Counseling Psychology position beginning fall of 2021. Successful candidates will be expected to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level (e.g., abnormal psychology, personality psychology) and master's level (e.g., assessment, psychopharmacology, psychotherapy) as well as courses in their area of specialization consistent with departmental needs. In addition, successful candidates will be expected to have an active research program that includes mentoring undergraduate and graduate student research, provide clinical supervision to master's level students, and actively engage in service to the department, college, university, and profession.
The Psychology department supports the largest major in the College of Liberal Arts and has a commitment to diversity as a key means of enhancing teaching and learning. For more information on our program visit our website at: http://cla.tamucc.edu/psychology.
- Earned doctorate in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from an APA
accredited program. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be
conferred by the time of appointment.
- Be license eligible as a psychologist in the state of Texas at
the time of employment.
- A strong background in clinical assessment.
- Research or clinical interests with a broadly defined health or
diversity focus that contributes to the department's developing
research focus in these areas.
- Licensed as a psychologist in Texas.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing the qualifications listed.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. Statement of teaching philosophy.
4. Description of research program including how the research might be conducted at TAMU-CC.
5. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses- including a previous or current supervisor.
6. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin on November 9, 2020.
Questions about the position should be directed to the Department Chair, Dr. Amy Houlihan, at 361-825-2971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Psychology_R-033758