Lecturer - Leadership and Integrative Studies
The Faculty of Leadership & Integrative Studies (LIS) in the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts (CISA) at Arizona State University (ASU) invites applications for a Lecturer faculty position to begin in the spring 2021 semester. The successful candidate will build and teach courses for the BA and MS degrees in Organizational Leadership, and they will participate in faculty service to the institution and profession.
ASU has developed a model for the New American University, creating an institution that is committed to excellence, access, and impact. ASU measures success by those it includes and how they succeed, not by those it excludes. Ranked #1 as the nation’s Most Innovative School by U.S. News & World Report and in Top 10 Best Buy public universities by Fiske Guide to Colleges 2020, ASU is home to an active intellectual community that assumes a fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.
The LIS Faculty is a vibrant community of forty-three full-time faculty dedicated to excellent teaching, scholarship and service. We are diverse, inclusive, student-centered, collegial, innovative, dynamic and growing. Information about our faculty and course offerings is found at https://cisa.asu.edu/people/faculty/lis and https://webapp4.asu.edu/catalog/courselist?s=OGL. Information about CISA is found at http://cisa.asu.edu.
Teaching assignments are at the graduate and undergraduate levels, may occur in a variety of modalities (online, on-ground, hybrid), and on the Tempe, Downtown Phoenix or Polytechnic campuses. The course load is determined by the faculty head and typically consists of four classes per semester. Professional development and faculty service opportunities are varied and abundant in our robust governing structures and diffused leadership.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible position renewable on an academic year basis contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university. Salary is competitive commensurate with experience. Candidate must reside in Arizona or be willing to relocate.
- Doctorate related to organizational leadership or an affiliated field from a regionally-accredited institution
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and two years’ post-secondary teaching excellence
- Teaching experience in organizational leadership or affiliated fields
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills
- Evidence of a commitment to meeting the needs of diverse/underrepresented student and/or community populations via teaching/mentoring or service.
- Experience teaching in digital environments (including synchronous and asynchronous) such as Canvas and Blackboard
- Experience teaching diverse populations
- Experience providing faculty service
- Experience using the Canvas Learning Management System
- Experience developing, refining and/or assessing curriculum
- Experience working in collaborative environments
Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Please apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/80841. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must contain:
- A Cover letter responding to the stated qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to social justice, diversity, equity and/or inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence (max one single-spaced page)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including copies of two sets of student course evaluations at the post-secondary level
- Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
The initial application deadline is 11/30/20 at 11:59 p.m. EST, and if not filled, then every Friday thereafter until the search is closed. A background check and official transcripts are required prior to employment. For position-related assistance with your application contact the search committee chair, Dr. Emily Mertz, at Emily.Mertz@asu.edu. For application process-related questions contact LaVonne Morris at email@example.com.
In the College of Integrative Sciences and Arts we value our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU's complete non-discrimination statement at https://asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html; see ASU’s Title IX policy at https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe
- Other Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tempe