Director of Abby's House
Western Oregon University’s Center for Equity and Gender Justice
Department: Student Affairs
Recruitment #: S2009
Closing Date: Review begins immediately. Position open until filled.
Salary Range: $53,735 - $63,218
Western Oregon University offers eligible employees an exceptional benefits package which includes a minimum 95% premium paid healthcare; an outstanding retirement program; generous vacation and sick leave accrual programs; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities. http://www.wou.edu/hr/benefits/
Department / Job Summary:
Abby’s House is one of sixteen units within the division of Student Affairs dedicated to support the academic mission of the university. The division of Student Affairs fosters students’ academic, personal and professional growth; educates students to respect and appreciate diversity; and prepares students to be responsible and engaged citizens in a global community. In support of the University Diversity Statement, the division of Student Affairs believes that we have an obligation to create an inclusive environment that embraces social justice and acknowledges diversity as more than the presence of human difference(s). As a campus, we must establish our community as one which empowers students, faculty and staff. An inclusive environment is one in which each individual feel that they matter to the community (as a whole). Social justice is an ongoing and collaborative process which addresses the multiple levels of inequality in our society.
Abby's House is the campus resource and referral center at Western Oregon University (WOU). The mission of Abby's House is to provide the WOU community with educational programming, information, and referral services designed to promote equity and nonviolence. We embrace a feminist model that empowers all people to actively stand against all forms of violence, harassment, verbal abuse, discrimination, and hatred. We strive for social equality for all - including a community free of oppression, violence, and inequality. While Abby's House is rooted in the Women's Center tradition, we serve all students regardless of gender identity.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's Degree and professional experience working in a campus-based women's center or equivalent center.
- Interpersonal violence advocacy experience
- Training in Sexual and Relationship Violence particularly as it relates to campuses (e.g. Title IX, ATlXA, Green Dot)
Please use this link to review the position description and preferred qualifications.
**A criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment
We are not considering candidates who require Visa sponsorship support. Additionally, the university typically only considers visa support for employees placed in specialized positions that are continuing regular university appointments.
You may submit all materials online at www.wou.edu/prostaffapp
Required application materials (PDF preferred):
- WOU Employment Application form (available at wou.edu/prostaffapp)
- Letter of application that addresses each qualification of the position. Please include how your experience, education, and/or training might help us build a more inclusive, collaborative, and diverse community
- Contact information for three references
- Unofficial copy of transcript for highest degree earned
As an alternative, you may also submit application materials to:
S2009, Director of Abby’s House, Human Resources, Western Oregon University, 345 Monmouth Ave N, Monmouth, OR 97361; OR E-mail to email@example.com; OR fax to: 503-838-8144Western Oregon University (WOU) is a mid-sized public comprehensive university located in the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. The university serves a large number of first-generation college students. Western Oregon University emphasizes diversity as a matter of institutional priority and an integral component of academic success. Our campus is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital, about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub, and a short drive from the Oregon coast, mountains, and other scenic areas. Our university is located in an increasingly diverse, bilingual, and rural area in the Willamette Valley. Our student body of about 4800 undergraduate and 600 graduate students enjoys a vibrant and close-knit intellectual community.
Western Oregon University is an AA/EOE/Veteran/Disability employer and is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Monmouth
- Student Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Monmouth
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Monmouth
- Other Student Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Monmouth