Assistant/Associate Professor of Bassoon
The University of North Texas (UNT) College of Music is the largest public university music program and one of the most respected comprehensive music schools in the United States. It offers fully accredited degrees from the bachelor to doctoral levels and is home to the world’s first jazz studies degree program. Faculty include internationally acclaimed artists and scholars in composition, conducting, ethnomusicology, music education, music entrepreneurship, music history, music theory and performance. The college presents more than 1,100 concerts and recitals annually. UNT music alumni can be found around the globe in impressive, award-winning careers across a wide-range of music professions. For more information about the UNT College of Music, please see https://music.unt.edu/.
Teaching: Recruit, retain, and teach an outstanding enrollment of undergraduate and graduate bassoon students. Supervise graduate degree requirements, including supervision of dissertation
documents. Research/creative activities: Maintain a national profile as a performing artist (solo and/or chamber and/or orchestral bassoonist); advance new repertoire for the bassoon through commissioning activities, recordings, and/or premiere performances. Service: Participate fully in academic and professional activities, including service assignments, across the campus and across the profession. Other duties as assigned may include, but are not limited to, coaching chamber music and teaching bassoon literature classes.
Master’s degree in bassoon performance required. Demonstrated excellence as a bassoon teacher/recruiter and active, artist-level performer. Demonstrated success in teaching at the college/university level. High standards of professional ethics and collegiality required.
Earned doctorate in bassoon performance preferred. Extensive experience as a soloist, chamber musician,
and/or orchestral musician strongly preferred. Proven record of attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please upload the following documents with application: 1) a letter of application;
2) curriculum vitae; 3) contact information for five references; 4) a listing of links to videos featuring 2 representative teaching samples (i.e. live or virtual masterclasses and/or private lessons); 5) a listing of links to websites or videos featuring a minimum 5 representative recordings, 3 of which must be from live performances. (Please upload the list of links in “Other Documents”). Additional materials, including letters of recommendation and academic transcripts, may be requested at a later date.
Review of materials will begin December 1, 2020 and will continue until position is closed.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denton
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denton
- Music Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denton
- Performing Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denton