Tenure Track Faculty Equine Science-UM Crookston Campus
Full-time, nine-month tenure track position in Equine Science in the Agriculture and Natural Resources Department at the Crookston campus of the University of Minnesota starting August 16, 2021. Salary and rank commensurate with qualifications and experience. A competitive fringe benefits package is offered.
Deliver high-quality undergraduate instruction to students in the Equine Science and Equine Business Management programs to include hands-on and experiential learning, instruction on campus, online, or through hybrid modalities that may include weekends and evenings. Courses (4/4 teaching load; 24 credit hours per academic year) will primarily be related to equine science, including equine exercise physiology, equine reproductive techniques, or a comparative Anatomy and Physiology course. Other possible courses may include courses in equine production, equitation courses, equine management, farrier science, or other courses. New courses may be proposed based upon needs of the program and candidate expertise. Faculty members are required to establish and maintain their own research agendas, which may include community engaged scholarship work and work with undergraduate students. Pursuit of externally-funded grants to support research is encouraged. Service is required in accordance with tenure track criteria. The faculty member is expected to help further develop the program; advise students; foster equity and a sense of belonging among all students; and participate in recruitment, assessment, and retention efforts.
- DVM or Doctorate degree by August 16, 2021 in an Equine-specific field, Animal Science, or related field;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the equine business field;
- Research experience in an academic institution;
- Effective communication skills;
- Record of effective teaching;
- Ability to draw upon cultural and community-based knowledge in teaching;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency within the scope of the land grant mission.
- College-level teaching experience, including teaching in stable and arena facilities;
- Ability to teach equitation courses;
- Experience developing and maintaining collaborations with relevant industry partners;
- A track record of successful grant writing and peer-reviewed publication;
- Membership and engagement in relevant professional organizations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please visit http://www.myu.umn.edu/employment and follow the instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin December 11, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled. Application materials must include a current curriculum vita, a cover letter, unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate work, and a list of 3-5 professional references. In addition to addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications, the cover letter must address indicators of the candidate’s ability to promote equity and inclusion at a small campus in a rural context.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston