Instructor/Assistant Professor of Science Biology
Position: Instructor/Assistant Professor of Science Biology
Full-Time, 10 Month, Tenure Track
Provide Anatomy & Physiology and General Biology instruction in an environment that encourages student success. Individual will create a student-centered learning environment that incorporates best practices and academic technology in the classroom.
- Teach Anatomy & Physiology and General Biology courses
- Fulfill all full-time faculty responsibilities as stipulated in the faculty contract;
- Design/develop/evaluate curriculum including the update of Course Activity Proposals/degree sheets
- Participate in outcomes assessment at the course and program levels
- Incorporate and utilize technology in classroom
- Provide academic advisement and tutoring
- Serve on at least one (1) college/division committee
- Participate in outcomes assessment activities at the course/dept./institutional level
- Hold office hours at all times classes are in session
- Maintain academic and/or professional currency credentials
- In addition to daytime courses, may be expected to have evening/weekend assignments
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Certification:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or related field and a Master’s Degree in Biology or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
College level teaching experience in the discipline.
Doctorate in Biology or related field
Starting Rank and Salary: Academic rank and salary are commensurate with credentials and experience.
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Application Deadline: Until filled
Rockland Community College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.