Licensed Vocational Nurse II
The Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine section within the Department of Medicine seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse with clinical and administrative responsibilities supporting the clinical operations. Administrative duties include but are not limited to desktop/phone triage, Live Answer rotation (Department's internal call center), patient scheduling, providing guidance and support to Medical Assistants, and other administrative tasks necessary to facilitate patient care. Clinical duties include but are not limited to patient rooming (virtual and face to face) and vitals and COVID-19 testing site rotation.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists physicians and registered nurses with various medical procedures.
- Administers a variety of tests and medications and takes patients’ vital signs.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and procedures for patients.
- Collects pertinent clinical data to support the RN, APP and/or MD with patient clinical telephone calls, refers and preauthorizes treatment, and provides information to patient.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks and orders treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Education Required: High School diploma or G.E.D and graduated from an approved licensed practical nurse/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.