Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Supervisor, Custodian supervises custodial employees, assigns job duties, ensures duties are c ompleted in a timely manner, and maintains proper documentation of products. Provi d es a clean and safe environment for faculty, staff, and the public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervise s employe es located on multiple campuses. General duties include, but are not limited to; s chedule s and oversee s the shifts and workloads; acts as mediator /problem solver among employees; inspects assigned areas to ensure proper cleaning/sanitation has been performed ; ensures safety standards, polici es, and procedures are followed
2. Maintain s inventory of supplies/products
3. Communicate s wit h faculty/staff regarding custodial-related issues
4. Order s cleaning products/ equipment for multiple campuses
5. Launder s dust mops, towels, and m ops as needed
6. Perform s minor non-techn ical repairs to small equipment
7. Perform s basic cleaning of of fices, classrooms and bathrooms
8. Perform s the stripping and waxing of floors
9. Perform s carpet care such as sham pooing and extraction of carpet
10. Set s up or break down tables/chairs as needed
11. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as a ssigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Training or job experience in supervisory skills
- Proficient in use of all custodial equipment
- Good organiza tional and interpersonal skills
- Ability to gi ve clear, concise instructions
- G ood math and inventory skills
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, such as typewriters and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS :
The work involves regular exposure to outdoor elements, and/or regular exposure to hazardous items such as chemicals, toxic or caustic materials, contamination, and electrical hazards. This exposure requires special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts, or machines; exposure to contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear, such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields. M ay be required to work on-call after regular business hours and/or weekends .
- A ssociate's degree and at least 3 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in a supervisory role
Hiring salary range is $43,070 to $49,530 annually.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Conroe