Part-Time Specialist IV, Financial Aid
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Specialist IV, Financial Aid supports other staff by performing task oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and operational support under general supervision. Provides information to students and parents about financial aid functions, timelines, and eligibility, triaging students to appropriate staff as needed. Provides excellent customer service and communicates effectively with internal and external customers regarding regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the United States Department of Education and Lone Star College. Ensures that all system, campus and state policies and practices are correctly carried out.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates, and verifies financial aid data and documents submitted by students
- Certifies student enrollment, ensuring adherence to academic progress policies and eligibility requirements; initiates appropriate adjustments to individual student financial aid
- Researches current State and Federal regulations to keep up-to-date and determines the application of regulations to specific student circumstances
- Prepares and reconciles a variety of reports, business correspondence, records, and/or other related documents
- Participates in preparing for and facilitating financial aid workshops and presentations
- Counsels students, and others, regarding eligibility requirements of financial aid
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use software products
- Ability to work on multiple projects
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be in good standing with the Department of Education
- Associate’s degree
- Financial Aid work experience in a higher education setting
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.81
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah