Postdoctoral Fellow - Antitumor Study
The Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to work on antitumor property of 3 BP drug in subcutaneous preclinical model of pancreatic cancer. This research study aims to understand antitumor response of 3 Bromo Pyruvate in a preclinical model combined with radiation therapy.
This is a funded one-year, full-time, and extendable to second year. The successful candidate will work independently and will be mentored time to time and encouraged to disseminate research findings in major national conferences and peer reviewed publications.
Facility and Equipment
Our group works on the subcutaneous model of pancreatic cancer employing photon and proton-based radiation. We have state of the art immunology, genomics and proteomics core facility. We also have cell culture and animal facility and well-established animal handling set up in the lab.
Required: Ph.D. in cancer biology and good animal handling experience including creating subcutaneous tumor using Panc-2 cells, administering subcute and I V injections, oral gavage, blood sample withdrawing and tissue sample processing etc. Some experience in cancer signaling will be preferred. High interest in learning and using tools for image processing, statistical analysis - Strong writing skills
- Research/publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Research background in cancer biology
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore