Adjunct Faculty, Sterile Processing CTE-CE
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
CE Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction in sterile processing courses at a variety of times and locations
- Educates students to develop the skills to work in the Central Service or Sterile Processing Departments in a hospital or ambulatory care center
- Maintains adequate records of didactic, laboratory, and clinical hours for each student
- Assesses each student to ensure minimum competencies are met
- Enhance practical (hands-on) skills related to the instruments, equipment and supplies used in a variety of healthcare settings
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages learning
- Facilitates the learning process by encouraging students to take responsibility for their progress
- Modifies and personalizes tutoring strategies to accommodate learning styles
- Delivers feedback to staff and faculty regarding student progress
- Completes and submits required forms related to student assessment and clinical externships per affiliate policy in an accurate and timely manner
- Teaches Student Success seminars at a variety of times when assigned
- Integrate Career Awareness into curriculum
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learning
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment, and any specialized equipment standard within the discipline/industry
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled classroom and/or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Hours will vary depending on class time; Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least two years of work experience in a Central Service, Sterile Processing, or Operating Room environment
- Current certification through International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
- Associate’s degree or higher in a healthcare-related field
$56.58 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Dentistry Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball