Multicultural Advertising Assistant Professor
The Department of Advertising and Public Relations at The University of Alabama invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Advertising for the 2021-2022 academic year, starting August 2021.
While we embrace all methodological approaches and forms of scholarly inquiry, successful candidates must demonstrate strong potential to establish and maintain an independent scholarly research program. The department seeks to elevate further its reputation in the academic field of advertising. Therefore, this position carries a preferred qualification for a scholar and teacher with a demonstrated ability to, or interest in, researching and teaching in the area of multicultural advertising. We expect the ideal candidate to both publish in advertising academic journals specifically and in flagship academic journals in the candidate’s area of expertise. Additionally, the department seeks candidates whose scholarly activity will contribute to our graduate emphases and recruitment efforts and whose teaching and/or professional experience and leadership-focused thinking can provide our undergraduate students with the theoretical understanding and practical experience and skills necessary to engage with the practices of advertising across multiple platforms.
Once hired, this faculty member will be expected to teach in the department’s curriculum. UA is a student-centered research university. Thus, candidates must have prior teaching experience and be able to demonstrate their ability to successfully engage students in the classroom. Applicants must display an ability to be an active and involved member of a highly collaborative faculty team.
The University of Alabama is the state’s flagship public university
and offers a full course of academic programs and social life to
its approximately 38,000 students. It is located in Tuscaloosa, a
diverse city with a population of more than 115,000 and offers an
excellent quality of life with many cultural and outdoor
activities, and multicultural resources and opportunities, as well
as a very reasonable cost of living. To apply go to https://facultyjobs.ua.edu and
complete the following.
1) Provide a cover letter
2) Provide a CV
3) Provide a statement about teaching and evidence of teaching effectiveness (no more than 4 pages)
4) Provide names and contact information for three references
5) Provide a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion Statement
The University of Alabama’s Department of Advertising and Public relations is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application, candidates are asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement whereby applicants share how through their teaching, research, or service they have contributed to or plan to contribute to diversity and inclusion efforts on campus and/or beyond.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, review of applications will begin November 16, 2020. Questions regarding the search should be directed to the search chair, Steven Holiday at email@example.com.
The University of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and individuals from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Doctorate in Advertising, Marketing, Mass Communication, Psychology, Ethnic Studies, or closely related field, completed by start date of appointment.
• Strong potential for scholarly activity in flagship advertising and concentration journals showing potential to lead to tenure and promotion to the rank of associate professor.
• Record of teaching effectiveness, with experience in teaching relevant undergraduate courses.
Preferred Qualifications (considered after all minimum
qualifications are met):
• Ability to teach courses in consumer psychology, integrated channel planning, brand management, multicultural and international advertising, or advertising ethics.
• Demonstrated ability or interest in conducting research in multicultural advertising (including, but not limited to, consumer culture, marketplace discrimination, consumer empowerment).
• Evidence of or potential of attracting extramural funding.
• One year or more of consulting, industry, or other relevant professional experience in areas including but not limited to advertising, marketing, or digital media/social media.
• Evidence of or potential for contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion via teaching, research or service.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Public Relations & Advertising Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa