As a member of the integrated Network, Infrastructure, and Operations team the Systems Administrator oversees the ongoing operations and maintenance of the College’s physical and virtual server environment to maximize speed, availability and security. The Systems Administrator frequently creates, monitors and analyzes servers and their usage statistics to confirm the environment is operating properly and securely. This position also develops long-term capacity plans concerning storage, compute, and other IT resources surrounding its backup, recovery, and disaster recovery environment.
- Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or other relevant disciplines. It is desirable for the employee to be CompTIA Server+ and MCP certified.
Requires 3 to 5 years of server and systems operations experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, and faculty members.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and Web browser, helpdesk ticketing, and network troubleshooting software.
- Working knowledge and firm understanding of Active Directory and related technologies (Group Policy, WSUS, DHCP, DNS, etc…).
- Working knowledge and firm understanding of VMware ESXi
- Experience with Nutanix and other virtualization technologies
- Identity Provider and Access Management
- Working knowledge of Windows scripting languages.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of storage protocols.
- ADFS, SAML and SSO configuration (Form Based)
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha