Manager Construction Purchasing
Manager Construction Purchasing
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Manager Construction Purchasing
The Construction Purchasing Manager is responsible for procurement, relocation, and equipment and supply installation functions related to the Capital Improvement Program. The job functions include identifying and coordinating the sourcing and procurement of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E), relocating individuals or departments to new facilities, and coordinating the installation of all non-contractor furnishings for all bond projects and construction-related services. Serve as the liaison between the architects, construction managers, relocation firms, college departments including facilities and construction, finance and purchasing, and the community engagement and outreach program firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all supplies and FF&E contracts and purchases related to the Capital Improvement Program and other facility projects; bidding of goods and services, and analyzing cooperative purchasing agreements to achieve the best value for the district and compliance with existing contracts, purchasing policies, procedures and statutes.
- Procure and contract construction and professional services related to the Capital Improvement Program, including but not limited to, architectural, engineering, testing, consulting services and coordination in compliance with State of Texas law and best practice methods.
- Collaborate with college departments on product specifications and coordination with the facilities, accounting contractors and the bond program manager to ensure adherence to established budgets.
- Coordinate floor plan locations, receipt and storage of supplies and for FF&E purchased for facilities under construction or renovation prior to move-in. Facilitate and oversee installations of FF&E in collaboration with college contracted sources; work with vendors and contractors to schedule installation of furniture and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with VP/Provosts and other campus staff to identify product needs and specifications, placement of furniture and equipment, receiving, warehousing or storage needs, new equipment start-up, new equipment training, warranty and follow-up.
- Procure services for maintenance of the campus, such as custodial services and interior plant maintenance. Work with the buyer to ensure that new campuses are included in district-wide maintenance contracts that will be rebid prior to or after the opening of the new campuses.
- Work collaboratively with program manager to maintain procurement reports and schedules to ensure all FF&E purchases are delivered on-time and within budget. Review and approve requests and obtain the necessary signatures on agreements and proposals submitted through ProjectMates.
- Prepare Board agendas for the procurement of goods and services related to the Capital Improvement Program.
- Work collaboratively with the contracted community engagement and outreach program firm to plan and execute community outreach events related to the Capital Improvement Program.
- Supervise, select, train, monitor, coach, and evaluation the work of assigned staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of professional purchasing experience, to include at least three (3) years of related experience in an institutional or governmental setting required.
Purchasing certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction and public procurement procedures, laws specific to higher education and construction methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with drafting, examining, negotiating, and implementing contracts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage several projects at one time
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize projects, schedules and duties
- Exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
- Skilled at negotiating, managing, interpreting and writing contracts
- Computer and software skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals in both large and small groups comprised of both internal and external members
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to conduct financial analysis of purchases
- Ability to perform strategic planning
- Ability to quickly learn and interpret specifications, written materials and the ability to apply that knowledge to purchases and situational needs
- Ability to conduct independent research and make educated purchasing decisions with regard to quality, quantity, price and delivery
- Ability to quickly learn and master a variety of procurement related systems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney