Makerspace Assistant (Part-time)
Makerspace Assistant (Part-time)
9700 Wade Blvd,, Frisco Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Makerspace Assistant (Part-time)
Provide operations and logistics support for the library makerspace learning community. Plan and develop makerspace 3D programs. Build makerspace partnerships among campus user community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with faculty regarding makerspace-related course activities.
- Maintain library makerspace equipment, materials inventory.
- Counsel makerspace users regarding best practices.
- Ensure compliance with safety, rules/policy guidelines.
- Provide multi-format equipment and use instruction.
- Process user requests for 3D printing, sign printing, etc.
- Advise library supervisor regarding makerspace issues, needs, continuous improvement.
- Assist with makerspace assessment activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of 3D printing and 3D scanning
- Knowledge of Raspberry Pi or Arduino
- Knowledge of design software
- Knowledge about the software to install
- Customer service skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to provide individual/small group instruction
- Ability to offer advice to and work closely with young inventors
- Ability to answer any questions related to printer/scanner problems
- Able to adapt quickly and solve problems
- Ability to determine cause of software problems and resolve or refer for maintenance and repair
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $14.68 - 14.68
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney