2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Irrigation Technician
Assist the Irrigation Specialist in maintenance and repair of all district irrigation systems, along with minor installations. Oversee one or more district irrigation crews in the absence of the Irrigation Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of all district irrigation systems, along with minor installation projects, while addressing water conservation according to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Oversee irrigation crews in the absence of the Irrigation Specialist.
- Must possess a working knowledge in all facets of repair and maintenance of landscape irrigation, including electrical wiring, troubleshooting, disassembly and reassembly of irrigation valves, and operate within department, municipal, state, and federal guidelines. Also, must properly prepare necessary reports.
- Help maintain inventory of parts needed for irrigation systems and keep parts stockroom clean and well organized. Report to and coordinate tasks with Grounds Manager, Assistant Grounds Manager, or Grounds Foreman.
- Perform other tasks such as mowing edging, planting, pruning and other landscape oriented job functions, if necessary. Identify landscape problems and initiate solutions or report them immediately.
- Periodically conduct pesticide applications, under supervision, and fill out proper reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years irrigation experience, plus three (3) years experience in general landscaping.
Must posses a current State of Texas driver license.
Must obtain an Irrigation Technician License within one (1) year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and ordinances pertaining to landscape irrigation
- Knowledge of all irrigation components and equipment
- Knowledge of water conservation principles and practices
- Knowledge of general, and specific landscape problems
- Knowledge of proper safety practices
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven mechanical skills
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Good math skills
- Problem solving skills
- Proven ability to interact with co-workers, vendors, students, staff, and others in a professional and courteous manner
- Proven ability to identify and solve other landscape problems, including turf, ornamental beds, trees, etc. This may include insect, disease, and cultural issues
- Ability to provide courteous and effective customer service
- Ability to learn new landscape and irrigation concepts and techniques
- Ability to work alone, or with other Grounds Department personnel, and follow detailed instructions given by the Grounds Manager or Grounds Foreman
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $38,550.00 - 44,332.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney