Assistant Program Director, Family Nurse Practitioner, Online
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty who also holds an administrative appointment related to managing a specific academic program or set of academic programs. This position is responsible for both teaching and managing faculty. Responsibilities include: classroom instruction, day-to-day program operations, assisting students toward successful program completion, and staffing the classroom with faculty who support the mission of South University. The Program Director supports the academic well-being of the program as it relates to education and helps to maintain/grow student enrollment. The Assistant Program Director also participates in activities that promote the stature of the academic programs, departments, and colleges and abides by the mandates set by the South University Board of Trustees and administration. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and maintenance of an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Manages the educational process to ensure every student and faculty member is involved in a positive educational experience through the learning, teaching, and social environment.
- As a full-time faculty member, performs faculty responsibilities as outlined in the faculty job description and in accordance with the provisions of Faculty Supplement to the South University Employee Handbook.
- Communicates consistently and effectively with the Program Director college/school deans, department chairs, and other South University administrators.
- Drives program and department initiatives designed to achieve student outcomes, completion rates, persistence, and other goals and metrics as outlined in the University's strategic plan. Provides regular assessment of progress of these initiatives in attaining goals and holds self and direct reports accountable for implementation.
- Ensures faculty are in compliance with South University's academic policies and procedures, educational policies, bothSACS and programmatic accreditation standards, and state agency regulations.In doing so, supports the assessment process so that the South University Institutional Effectiveness Plan is applied to the program in order to improve the student experience.
- Trains, manages, and leads a designated group of faculty according to the policies and procedures of the University, supervising the daily operations of the faculty.Drives the full-time and adjunct faculty evaluation process, including the completion of periodic course observations for quality assurance and annual faculty evaluations, to ensure faculty provide a strong, student-focused educational environment through consistent adherence to course rubrics, student competencies, and course pedagogy.
- Supports the faculty development process in close coordination with the Department Chair and related personnel in compliance with South University faculty development policies. Supports the curriculum revision and development processes (including ad hoc and educational delivery issues) to ensure the achievement of program and course competencies as determined by the college and University.
- Investigates and resolves student and faculty educational problems requiring academic actions in consultation with pertinent individuals, under the direction and approval of the Program Director or campus Dean-Academic Affairs & Operations, according to the policies and procedures of the University (including all process and documentation requirements).
- Collaborates with the Program Director or campus Dean- Academic Affairs & Operations to support course scheduling, faculty scheduling, department meetings, and other pertinent operational matters.Participates in the periodic meetings of the pertinent South University advisory councils.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Record of increasing responsibility or project/initiative leadership within a university or industry setting, with online and/or academic experience a plus.
- Terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution in the program discipline within the College, with a minimum of 18 semester or 27 quarter hours of graduate coursework in the discipline.
- Other requirements specific to the discipline, including active, valid, and unencumbered licensure and Family Nurse Practitioner certification.
- Teaching experience at the collegiate level, with online experience a plus.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong personnel management experience.
- Experience with computerized administrative systems, including proficiency with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and implement accreditation criteria and state agency regulations.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, and implement academic policies and procedures.
- Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, students, and faculty.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, students, faculty, academic and campus leaders, and corporate leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively, and flexibly in a team environment.
- Ability to physically work in the United States while performing all responsibilities of the position for the University.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Required Education Doctorate
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh