Parking Information Specialist
University of Idaho
Parking Information Specialist
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.79 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Parking Information Specialist prepares and disseminates campus Parking and Transportation communications, press releases, maps and other forms of information to the campus community. This position maintains and updates the Parking and Transportation website and social media sites. The Information Specialist coordinates all information and marketing for campus tabling events and Introduces new and prospective students and families to the services and opportunities available through parking and transportation. The Information Specialist plans and prioritizes surveys and data collection and compiles the data for reports to maintain campus parking inventory. This role is essential for the promotion and growth of alternative transportation programs on campus, serving as a primary contact with alternative transportation program vendors, and continuously marketing campus alternative transportation programs. The Information Specialist position serves as a primary contact for local media and assists with collecting and compiling input from the campus community.
Minimum of 3 years’ work experience that includes:
• Gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports;
• Analyzing information, drawing conclusions, and solving problems;
• Developing, planning, and implementing short- and long-range goals;
• Planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating special projects;
• Interpreting and applying laws and regulations.
Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, engineering, architecture, information technology or planning related field or combination of education and experience totaling 4+ years in related field;
• Efficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD;
• Knowledge of the University of Idaho parking system;
• Good knowledge of: Public relations principles; parking systems and applying parking rules and regulations;
• Experience interpreting and translating technical or specialized material into information usable by the public;
• Experience producing or editing informational material using electronic word processing;
Demonstrated ability to:
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Provide excellent customer service;
• Work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Work independently within a team environment while fostering a cooperative work environment;
• Lead departmental outreach with campus community;
• Use personal computers and related software applications;
• Assist in establishing program policies, procedures, and standards;
• Meet deadlines and handle stressful situations;
• Supervisor staff;
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002634P
Posting Date: 11/04/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preference will be given to applications received on or before November 23, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.