Department Chair - Teaching and Leadership
The Department Chair is the chief academic administrator of the department. The chair will be expected to: provide leadership on behalf of the department; maintain a collegial and productive environment; and ensure that the department functions efficiently, effectively, and in accordance with the Kansas Board of Regents, university, college and department procedures/policies.
In coordination with the Dean of the College of Education, the Chair is to provide leadership on behalf of the department through: making decisions concerning hiring and reappointment; staging and scheduling of courses; faculty and staff workloads and assignments; managing student, staff and faculty concerns and departmental resources. The chair will provide vision for long-term planning while maintaining academic program strength and supporting program growth/innovation. Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills to work effectively with colleagues from other academic departments, upper-level University administrators, as well as K-12 school leaders, service centers and public/community agencies will be essential attributes for the chair.
- Earned doctorate in content area within the department or related field (Curriculum, Educational Technology, English as Second Language, Leadership, Reading, Special Education, and/or Teaching).
- K-12 teaching experience.
- Evidence of successful leadership ability.
- Experience in a higher education institution.
- Commitment to both undergraduate and graduate education.
- Ability and vision for leading the department in the 21st
- Three or more years of K-12 experience.
- Leadership experience in a higher education institution or K-12 setting.
- Evidence of teaching, research and service that is consistent with the mission of the Department and University.
- Scholarship commensurate with tenure-earning appointment.
- Understanding of program assessment and accreditation/licensure processes and procedures.
Tenure-track, twelve (12) month appointment available beginning June 2021.
Rank, tenure, and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For first consideration, please apply by January 4, 2021. Applicants should provide the following:
- Letter of application addressing qualifications and how the candidate’s experiences match the position requirements.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Five (5) references with current phone number/email address/mailing address/relationship to the applicant for each reference.
The position will be open until filled. Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the Pittsburg State University website at www.pittstate.edu/hr/jobs/.
Search Committee Chair: Dr. Brian Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pittsburg State University is located in Pittsburg, Kansas (http://pittks.org), which has a population of 20,000 people. The University has an enrollment of approximately 6,700 students. For more information about the university, college and department, visit www.pittstate.edu.
PSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. A criminal background check will be required for employment.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburg
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburg
- Curriculum & Instruction Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburg
- Other Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburg
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburg