Assistant Professor, Dental Programs (Dental Assisting)
The SF College Dental Assisting Program is looking for a qualified full-time Dental Assisting Instructor. Anticipated start date is August 2021. Primary assignments will include didactic, clinical and laboratory instruction and evaluation of dental assisting students and assisting the Director as needed. Assignments will also include instruction of Dental Hygiene program students. Responsibilities include designing and delivering instruction, evaluating student learning, managing course activities, consulting and mentoring students, and professional development as it relates to improvement in the performance of the position. In addition to direct responsibilities associated with student learning, faculty will be responsible for non-instructional service to the department, program, and college.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Instruction, consultation, and evaluation of dental assisting students during daytime and/or evening clinical sessions.
- Didactic and laboratory instruction of dental assisting students during daytime and/or evening hours as well as to dental hygiene students as assigned by the program director.
- Facilitate dental assisting student clinical activities with adjunct faculty, staff and staff dentist.
- Communicate with and facilitate student clinical activities with University of Florida College of Dentistry and other external clinical rotation sites.
- Communicate with Clinical Facilities Lead Faculty regarding needs of the dental assisting program as well as with Inventory/Supply Lead regarding equipment and supply needs of assigned clinics and laboratory sessions.
- Communicate with Dental Assisting Lead and Director regarding academic or clinical progress and/or needs of dental assisting students in assigned courses of dental assisting program.
- Communicate with Dental Hygiene Lead regarding academic progress of students in assigned didactic, lab and clinical courses in Dental Hygiene Program.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of assigned students in clinical rotation or lab session.
- Participate in departmental activities and college service activities as assigned.
- Serve as professional role model for students in the Dental Programs.
- Participate in activities related to the recruitment of students for the dental assisting program.
- Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work a flexible schedule at multiple worksites.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Dental Programs
Required: A conferred Bachelor’s degree is required by August 2021 and no later than the first day of the 2021-2022 contract. Significant work toward the Bachelor’s degree should be confirmed at the time of application by submitting a current transcript. A minimum of one year of dental assisting experience is required. Current DANB Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certificate and a Florida dental hygiene license with a certification in local anesthesia is required by no later than the first day of the 2021-2022 contract.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Two to five years’ experience in clinical dental assisting, clinical and didactic teaching experience is preferred. Course work in educational methodology, and management is also preferred.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, an up-to-date resume, letter of intent, as well as unofficial transcripts and certifications to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made. Current letters of recommendation are strongly valued as part of our application review process and therefore applicants are encouraged to submit (3) three letters of recommendation at the time of application. However, (3) three letters of recommendation are required prior to an employment offer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Dentistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville