Institutional Research Analyst - Internal/External
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and
Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that
is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one
of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate
student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College
has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in
59 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural
Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic
engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array
of extended learning and professional development
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
The State University of New York at Cobleskill is seeking an Institutional Research Analyst. The Research Analyst is responsible for producing information on institutional data to advance SUNY Cobleskill's educational policy, administrative decisions, enrollment planning, grant writing and assessment activities. This includes, but is not limited to producing various ad hoc reports for departments, administrators and committees on academic performance, outcomes assessment, department accreditation, self-studies, and required state and federal reporting.
This position is remote and may require periodic presence on campus.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Expertise using Excel and familiarity with statistical software packages (i.e. SPSS)
- Experience working with and extracting data from student information system (i.e. Banner preferred)
- Excellent writing, communication and organization skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects and competing priorities
- 5-6 years of experience and professional analytical experience, that demonstrates ability to conduct substantive surveys and studies of problems and issues in assigned areas
- Experience working in Institutional Research in Higher Education
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- Experience with Argos
- Master's Degree in Education Research, Social Sciences, Evaluation, or other related disciplines
- This is a SL-3 position.
- The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000.
- The work schedule for this position is full-time, Monday through Friday.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
SUNY Cobleskill is committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and ensuring equal educational and employment opportunity and access to services, programs and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation during the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Office at (518) 255-5514.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
SUNY Cobleskill's Tile IX Coordinator is Erica Hoerz, who can be contacted via phone at 518-255-5229, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing address of SUNY Cobleskill, Title IX Coordinator, Bouck Hall Room 126A, Cobleskill, NY 12043.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. Priority is given to applications submitted by November 18, 2020.
A complete application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position
responsibilities, and college values
2. Current CV or Resume
3. Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references, preferably former supervisors