Part Time Faculty Health Information Management Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart Time Faculty Health Information Management Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for a Part-time Faculty member to teach Health Information Management courses. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruction in health data management and/or coding and reimbursement is based on the needs of the program
- Weekly online office hours are required
- Weekly online synchronous class meetings (lectures) are required
- The Montgomery College Health Information Program is a CAHIIM-accredited program and requires instructor compliance to a curriculum content.
- Credential and CE maintenance is required for continued employment in the Health Information Management Program.
- Master of Science degree in healthcare-related field.
- Two years teaching experience in health information management.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credentials.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) or Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS) Certification
- Proficiency with and ability to use a Learning Management System (LMS) and other web-based instructional technology to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Demonstrated experience teaching using a variety of delivery methods, online resources and technology applications across the curriculum.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Professional experience in health data analytics, health
informatics or clinical data and management
- Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA) or Certified
Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems
- Experience teaching health data analytics, health informatics or clinical data and project management.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by January 27, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateWednesday, January 27, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville