MANAGER - UTILITY AND DISHROOM OPERATIONS
Full-time position to oversee the dishrooms located in Campus Center Dining Hall, Terrace Dining Hall and Towers Marketplace as well as the utility staff in Dining Services. Individual provides oversight with direction from Dining Services leadership regarding the management of the dishrooms by coordinating work schedules, trainings and daily procedures within the dining facilities. This individual will provide daily support to the Unit Management with oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below and will continue to evolve around the needs of the IC campus community.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Campus Dining. Employee will determine and develop approaches to solutions that are reviewed periodically and verify that all objectives are met.
Manages daily operations of all utility and dish room operations in all units through direct supervision of hourly and student employees. The Manager will be accountable for managing assigned budgets.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provide leadership for the proper implementation of operating standards and procedures, with a specific focus on the staffing, operation and code compliance for all campus dish room operations.
2. Responsible for the implementation of all Covid-19 safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing the dining halls, when open for guest seating the tables and chairs, the serveries and the kitchen.
3. Responsible for recruitment and retention of hourly, part-time/casual and student employees.
4. Create a staffing and operational plan to ensure accurate and safe delivery of all supplies to Dining Services.
5. Create a staffing and operational plan to ensure safe and accurate movement of Dining Services goods and supplies across campus.
6. Supervise all departmental utility and dish room staff and, monitor performance against standards.
7. Create and implement a training program for utility staff and dish room staff.
8. Recommend changes in operations based on standards, identify appropriate resources, and assist in implementation plans.
9. Assist with the development of account business plans to enhance customer service, facility layout and design, account profitability and customer satisfaction.
10. Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty and staff.
11. Visit and all dining units, providing objective feedback based on operational standards.
12. Manage operations in a fiscally responsible manner. Closely monitor and manage budgets.
13. Ensure that the team and staff have sufficient resources to perform their jobs and to meet goals and deadlines.
14. Develop appropriate communication tools for a division or area.
15. Perform inspections, safety walks and audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
16. This position requires candidate to understand and promote the food safety program.
17. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
- Experience managing and/or providing leadership for large-scale dishroom and cleaning operations and large-scale receiving operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of unit operations to recommend and implement changes.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices, operations, and standards in utility and dish room services.
- Experience supervising full-time and student staff.
- Knowledge of Food Safety practices and Standard Operating procedures.
- ServSafe certificaton within 6 months of hire.
- Posess a knowledge of general business administration.
- The ability to establish courses of action for self and others, ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjust priorities, track progress and identify issues, remove barriers, and leverage resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent service to customers.
- Knowledge of the proper procedures for maintaining control of inventory, including checking in merchandise, tracking outgoing merchandise, ordering merchandise as needed, and controlling shrinkage.
- This position will require the incumbent to learn the Fusion, food management system.
- Knowledge of the procedures to establish purchasing requirements, develop and place orders, ensure merchandise is received accurately and on time, and store merchandise properly.
- The ability and willingness to delegate the authority to complete work activities, giving clear direction as to what needs to be done, and monitoring performance against a predetermined deadline and/or measure of quality to ensure quality and timely completion of assignments.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with students, staff, managers, customers, and vendors.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use basic financial analysis (e.g., feasibility studies) related to unit operational effectiveness or account profitability.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations, as well as IC policies and procedures (e.g., Service Contract Act, HR policies and procedures, labor relations, Department of Labor Audit Protocols).
- Ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work of the Manager is carried out within an accessible, safe, indoor and occasional outdoor environment. Occasional carry or lifting 50 lbs. Manager will be issued and/or required to wear slip resistant shoes and have the knowledge of how an industrial dish machine operates. Has knowledge of the kitchen equipment. May be required to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed.
Ithaca College understands our obligation to operate in accordance with NYS Department of Health Guidance applicable to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. This includes adherence to required physical distancing guidelines, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including but not limited to wearing of face masks, and practicing good hand hygiene. Employees will be required to perform regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched and high risk areas and may be required to wear a respirator mask if physically able and medically cleared to do so. Daily health screening and weekly testing is also required.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately and be ongoing as needed.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca