Assistant Director Accounting
Assistant Director Accounting
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedAssistant Director Accounting.
Assist the director of accounting in managing the accounting functions for the college district, including ensuring all financial information is captured timely, completely, and reported accurately, both internally and externally. Assist as needed in preparation, maintenance, and control of the college district's operating budget. Provide oversight for the accounting staff, including, but not limited to oversight of job performance, year-end evaluation, daily personnel management functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, review, and assist as needed, staff accountants in completion of monthly reconciliations, journal vouchers, report preparations, and other accounting functions. Provide oversight of accountants at year end for annual financial close process and audit preparation.
- Assist in preparation of the comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR).
- Assist in preparation and/or review of internal and external reports for compliance with applicable regulations, requirements, and established procedures.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and being followed.
- Identify, develop and conduct needed training for staff, ensuring proper cross-training is in place.
- Ensure proper documentation exists for all transactions and procedures.
- Recommend policies and procedures and guidelines for financial reporting and improving processes in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist in the implementation of new software, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related business administration field of study from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's in accounting or MBA degree preferred.
Five (5) years of related experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
Experience in higher education or governmental accounting preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior use of Banner and/or Workday software preferred
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) accounting principles
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and databases
- Proficient in the use of standard office applications
- Proficient in the use of automated financial systems and administrative software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
- Ability to employ leadership skills to motivate and encourage employees, and promote effective team work
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $69,644.00 - 80,091.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney