Non-Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Aviation Maintenance Science (Daytona Beach Campus)
The College of Aviation (COA) at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)—Daytona Beach invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor, within the Department of Aviation Maintenance Science. The College seeks a dynamic individual in Aviation Maintenance Science (AMS) to teach and conduct research within the second largest department in the COA. This 9-month non-tenure track Assistant Professor Appointment is at our campus in Daytona Beach, FL.
The COA has an FAA-approved Part 147 AMT Program within the AMS BS degree which provides its students excellent opportunities for career advancement. The AMS program at ERAU is taught by dedicated faculty. The faculty at ERAU AMS are collaborative, student focused and intellectually curious. The department is looking for an individual to join our faculty, to help the University reach strategic goals in pedagogy, research, while utilizing cutting edge technology (i.e. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, or Extended Reality).
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the gold standard in Aviation and Aerospace Education. The program draws students from around the world who are dedicated to their future careers. Its talented faculty, state of the art classrooms, lab facilities, and use of instructional best-practices, mean that its graduates are sought after by some of the most prestigious employers in the world.
Reporting to the Department Chair of Aviation Maintenance Science, the faculty member will lecture, conduct research, and collaborate with University faculty. She/he will support their students through mentorship and a student-centric philosophy. Faculty in the department are expected to embrace new teaching methods and support innovation. Potential for advancement and conversion to tenure track based on faculty performance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Earned a PhD, EdD, or Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Experience in aviation maintenance sciences: civil, military, corporate, general aviation, manufacturer, or airline.
- Experience in developing and maintaining channels of communication with professional groups and industry.
- Experience in maintaining academic excellence with respect to teaching.
- Through collaboration with the department, increase enrollment within ERAU.
- Develop strong and contemporary curriculum which aligns with the high standards of the AMS Department, College and University.
- Additional FAA Certifications is a plus.
- Experience in Aviation Technical Operations, Electric/Hybrid Propulsion Systems, Advanced Avionics, Carbon Fiber, Cybersecurity, Data-Analytics and/or other intellectual interests is preferred.
This Assistant Professor position is expected to remain open until filled. Applications should include a CV and a detailed letter discussing aviation experience and academic qualifications that demonstrate a fit with the AMS Department and the position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach