Instructor/Assistant Professor, Voice
Arts and Humanities
Instructor/Assistant Professor of Voice, Jacksonville State University. Full-time, tenure-track (if Assistant) position on 9-month contract to begin August 2021. Duties: Provides educational services to traditional and non-traditional students during the day or evening. The Instructor may be required to teach courses within his/her concentration area on campus, off-campus, online courses and possible videoconferencing depending on need of location. Qualifications: An earned master’s degree in Music (vocal performance preferred) required for Instructor rank. For Assistant Professor, Doctoral degree in Music (vocal performance preferred). ABD with completion date by appointment date will be considered. Teaching experience in higher education and in the field required.
- Teach applied voice and class voice to music majors and minors.
- Teach other courses as appropriate for the qualifications and interests of the candidate.
- Responsible for curriculum and program development, advisement, professional development activities.
- Participates in selected university events as required.
- Develops and implements a program of instruction that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and is consistent with the university, SACS accreditation, and state study and curriculum guides.
- Assesses student’s abilities as related to desired educational goals and objectives, in order to maximize student achievement.
- Plans and employs a variety of appropriate instructional/learning strategies and activities which are compatible with the physical facility but serves the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Serves as advisor and mentor for students
- Manages the behaviors of learners in the classroom and participates in the management of student behavior in other parts of the campus, in order to provide a general environment conducive to the learning process.
- Communicates continually to students (either in writing or verbally) in regards to instructional expectations, student progress or lack of progress.
- Actively participates in and works with university personnel in planning effective instructional goals, objectives, methods and curriculum.
- Exhibits a commitment and ability to conduct scholarly activities and engage in professional, university, and community service.
- Participates in professional growth and development activities including staff meetings, and in-service and staff development activities as required or assigned.
- Assists in the documentation of student progress by efficiently maintaining and submitting appropriate records and reports.
- Ensures that the classroom or instructional environment is healthful and safe and generally conducive to learning.
- Agrees to participate in extra-curricular activities as requested by the head of the department or Dean of the school.
- Participates and belongs to educational/professional associations (within concentration) and participates in their activities.
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities as stated by institutional and departmental policy and by administration
- Serves on departmental and university committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department head.
- Responsible for recording students’ attendance and keeps attendance registers, according to JSU policy.
Clery Notice: In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, https://clerycenter.org/policy-resources/the-clery-act/ the Jacksonville State University Police provide information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three calendar years. The JSU Annual Campus Security and Fire Report is available online at: http://jsu.edu/police/docs/CleryAnnualReport.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity: JSU is an Equal Employment, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Music Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Not specified Full Time jobs in Jacksonville