HPM Chief Engineer - (STA006616)
Daily management of all aspects of Houston Public Media (HPM) technical facilities. Manages the installation, maintenance and on-air presentation of the station.
- Ensures that both long-range technical performance of the station and overall performance of station equipment meet Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements, station requirements and all other appropriate licensing authorities.
- Directs and supervises the use of all engineering personnel.
- Manages the technical operations and utilization of station equipment.
- Plans future maintenance and installation activities.
- Oversees budget management for departmental personnel, parts and materials.
- Monitors changing regulatory requirements and adjusts procedures and operations as necessary.
- Designs and documents technical facilities; interacts with other departments who use technical facilities and services.
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
- Shall be well versed in modern IT and engineering practices.
- Knowledge of vision for station utilize ATSC 3.0.
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining fully redundant systems.
- Previous experience in Public Media in higher education a plus.
Note : Please attach 3 professional references with your submission.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston