Starting date: Negotiable between March 1, 2021
and August 1, 2021
Application deadline: December 06, 2020
Full- or Part-Time: Full time
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Central European University (CEU) invites applications for an Academic Technologist position.
Founded in 2011, the Center for Teaching and Learning comprises teaching and learning scholars who work with doctoral students and faculty across all departments and schools. The CTL contributes to CEU's longstanding commitment to excellence in teaching and a community engaged in inquiry, debate, and discovery. For more information about the Center for Teaching and Learning please visit: https://ctl.ceu.edu/
The Academic Technologist reports to the Director of the CTL and serves as a technical expert on supported platforms. Furthermore, as a member of the CTL team, the Academic Technologist collaborates with CEU faculty and advanced doctoral students (Teaching Assistants) across a variety of disciplines and programs to develop blended and/or online learning experiences. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has a learning-centered design approach grounded in the substantial understanding of higher education pedagogies, focuses on user experience, cares for accessibility, and explores creative approaches to using technology in support of pedagogical goals.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Partner with the CTL team and CEU faculty on projects related to the implementation of technology-supported teaching enhancements.
• Collaborate with the CTL team and other CEU members in the development and launch of blended and/or online courses and digital learning assets.
• As required, provide training or individual consultations to CEU members in online and digital technologies.
• Create and/or modify visual design graphics used for course layouts.
• Design course layouts and pages with focus on user experience and accessibility.
• Collaborate in the development of work-flow processes and style guides.
• Lead and manage relationships with external vendors including creating and managing budgets and scope of work.
• Continually monitor developments and innovations related to effective and innovative use of technology within higher education and related markets.
• Conduct targeted market scans of technology solutions when project-based or faculty-initiated needs arise.
• Master’s degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
• Three years of experience in designing and developing digital learning assets.
• Three years of experience in programming blended and/or online learning experiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated technical experience developing, deploying and supporting courses in current learning management systems (Moodle and Canvas preferred)
• Demonstrated experience with graphic art programs, like Adobe Creative Suite; and with sound capture and editing, and video production and post-production.
• Demonstrated experience with learning analytics and evaluation.
Additional qualifications that would represent an advantage:
• Master’s in Education in addition to a degree in educational technology, instructional design, or related discipline.
• Experience working in a higher education environment.
• Experience providing training or individual consultations in a higher education environment.
• Additional years of experience in designing, developing and using online learning technologies in teaching and learning in higher education.
• Demonstrated experience with Data Science tools (such as Rstudio and Jupyter Notebooks) or a desire to learn.
The appointment will be in Vienna. Occasional consultations and project meetings might be required also in Budapest.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
How to apply:
Applicants need to submit:
• Motivation letter;
• Contact information of three references.
• A portfolio of past projects to demonstrate learning-design approach and technical skills.
Please send your complete application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org - including job code in subject line: 2020/088. Informal inquiries and questions of an academic nature may be addressed to Dr. Michael Kozakowski, Director of the CTL (email@example.com). Only complete applications will be considered. Shortlisted applicants will participate in an online / telephone interview.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable data privacy rules, including specifically the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice (Hungary: Közép-európai Egyetem, Central European University) or https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice-austria (Austria: Central European University, CEU Central European University Private University).
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
Central European University (CEU) is a research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States, Austria and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies. CEU offers bachelor's, master’s and doctoral programs and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of resident faculty from over 50 countries and prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit https://www.ceu.edu/.
Apply for Academic Technologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Austria
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Austria
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Austria
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Austria