Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing & Media
Job ID: 221612
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Plan, develop, and implement marketing and advertising strategies for the Parker College of Business, including external and internal communications and public relations activities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and media strategy, as necessary to support and promote the Parker College brand, programs, and overall reputation
- Work with the various directors and department heads in the Parker College to understand and promote its programs, faculty, students, and alumni effectively
- Liaise with the University Office of Marketing & Communications to coordinate, leverage, and integrate marketing strategies and activities
- Determine and use appropriate levels of traditional, online, and social media to promote the Parker College brand and to drive programmatic recognition and demand
- Liaise with the Parker College alumni, development, and event staff to insure seamless and positive messaging and brand representation
- Manage the Office of Marketing and Media budget and work with the Parker College Budget Director to maximize the return on all dollars invested.
- Supervise two direct reports, in the Office of Marketing and Media, to best achieve the goals outlined above
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University and the Parker College
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Five or more years of related work experience
$62,100 - $79,000
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and orientation
- A high level of creativity, flexibility, and initiative, along with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency with all technology and software necessary for the position
- Adherence to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness as necessary to work well with diverse populations
- Excellent communication and human relations skills
- Strong organizational and budgetary skills
Apply Before Date
November 30, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Travel required
Standard and Education
0130111 - Department of Marketing and Media
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221612&PostingSeq=1